This post is partly inspired by Amelia Burger‘s vlog (in turn inspired by Amber’s) and is also in part a return to list making. I love lists and I want to make them more of a feature of this here blog thing. So here goes, 10 things I like about me:
- How long my hair is. Seriously long. I’m considering cutting it a bit, but even then it’d be really long. Because it’s so long I can have tons of fun putting it up in new ways and twisting it ’round.
- My hair color. Strawberry blonde. It’s totally unique, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone with hair that comes even close.
- My freckles. I like how my freckles get more obvious in the summer. It’s as close as I get to a tan. Because seriously, I don’t tan. I don’t mind not tanning really, because if I was able to tan I wouldn’t freckle. You can’t play connect the dots with a tan (true life).
- How strong my legs are. They get me wherever I need to go. Even if I’m having trouble hanging on or I’m getting out of breath, my legs could usually keep going. My legs bring me to the next adventure.
- My fingernails. Because.
- My feet and how tough they are. I prefer going barefoot, so my feet are pretty tough.
- How my skin bruises. I think bruises and scars to be awesome. In fact, I’ve broken 5 bones and I don’t have any real scars to show for it, and that is upsetting. Bruises and scars are the ways to remember stories and to remind ourselves of why we don’t want to do those things again.
- My arms. Similar to my legs, they’re pretty strong. They pull me up walls and mountains and stuff which is kind of awesome. After working really hard, my forearms sort of puff up in protest, which is kind of cool. It’s my body’s way of telling me to stop.
- My ankles. When I was growing up I was afraid I had fat ankles. I think I read it in a book once and thought I had them, but that’s so silly! My ankles are a part of what gets me to where I’m going.
- My fingers. Also strong. And grippy. Really, our hands are our best tools to do stuff and we sometimes forget that. My hands/fingers can knit and sew and cook and bake and braid and fold and I don’t know what I would do without them.
And I know this is only supposed to be 10, but…
- My brain. Because even though my physical body is kind of rad I’m so glad for my knowledge and creativity. You know, brain stuff.
So there we have it. 11 things I like about me. What do you like about you? Put it in the comments or write your own blog post about it. Link me to it.
* Pictures taken during What Moves You this summer while I was giving my body a beating. Took it like a champ!