Have you ever seen something and thought to yourself “I could do that… and I bet I’d be pretty good at it too.” I think that sometimes. For a while I was reading a ton of blogs and thinking to myself exactly that. So I did it. Am I good at it? Well, I’m certainly not terrible. They haven’t laughed me off the internet yet.
I was thinking about this more recently and thought up some other things I think I would be good at.
- Scrapbooking. Taking pictures and putting them in an album plus making it look pretty? Yeah, I think I could manage that. I’ve been watching a few bloggers work on Project Life and I think it would be fun. Someday I’ll get to it.
- Travel Writing. Go to far off places and write about it? That’s been a part of a plan B for a while now. Travel writing, as in making money from it? That might be a little bit harder, but I could probably do that.
- Parkour. I already climb on everything, I could probably take it a step further and try my hand at Parkour. It would be really hard, and it would take a lot of effort, but I could probably learn a few tricks if I had someone to teach me.
- Teaching. I’ve taught Sunday school before and I’ve taught friends how to do things, so I could maybe be a teacher. I realize that there’s a lot more to teaching than that, and it takes a lot of time and effort to be good at teaching. I think I would be a good teacher though, at least in theory. I’m a pretty patient person and I like kids.
- Crocheting. I love making things with my hands. I already knit and sew, clearly crocheting is next in the handmade department.
- Vlogging. I follow a lot of video bloggers on YouTube. I could totally do that! I know how to edit, and I learned a bit about how online video gets popular in school. I even have a camera that I could shoot video with. I guess we’ll see how it goes.
All this in part to announce that I’ve started a YouTube channel and will be trying my hand at vlogging. I have an idea of what I’m doing, but probably don’t really know what I’m getting myself into. You can check out my first video already, and be sure to subscribe if you have a YouTube account.
I don’t know that I will have a schedule for vlogging quite as strictly as I do for blogging. Down the line I’d like to upload once a week, but for now I’m trying not to put to much pressure on myself.
What do you think you would be good at if you ever gave it a shot? Do you vlog? Let me know what your channel is and I’ll check it out.